Beas Kund Trek
Season:- May to Nov
Duration:- 3 days
Beas Kund – Kund means pool – is a sacred pool like high altitude mountain lake on the extreme north of Kullu – Manali valley. The origin of river Beas is said to be at Rohtang Pass in text books and General Knowledge books, but for geologists the river Beas in actual originates from the glaciers at Beas Kund. The holy place is considered the meditation ground of Rishi Beas, the author of great Indian epic Mahabharata. The last village of on the northern edge of Kullu-Manali valley is Solang, and Beas Kund lies 15 km past Solang village where two mountain ranges, Dhauladhar and Pir Panjal tie knot close the valley.
Beas Kund Trek is a short trek of three days from Manali and has been rated having easy difficulty.
DAY 1: Manali to Bakarthach (Zaralu) (8 Kms Trek)
From your Hotel/Guest House at Manali, or from the Bus Station Manali a Jeep/ taxi takes you to Solang. From Solang your trek starts for Zaralu. For first two hours you walk along a road to reach Dhundhi. From Dhundhi it further takes two more hours to reach the campsite at Zaralu walking uphill on a mountain trail. You will stay for overnight at Zaralu in Alpine Tents. This is a beautiful campsite just few hundred meters short of Bakarthach. The mighty Hanuman Tibba overlooks you from the behind and gurgling river Beas flows down the valley beside the campsite.
DAY 2: Trek from Bakarthach (Zaralu) to Beas Kund (5 Kms Trek)
After breakfast your trek starts to Beas Kund. The route is through boulders, rocks and snow in summer and, through rocks and boulders in autumn. After a trek of 4-5 hours you will see the beautiful lake of Beas Kund. This lake is believed to be the source of River Beas. Beas Kund is also the base camp for Mountain peaks like Friendship, Ladakhi and Shitidhar. After spending few hours at Beas Kund you descend down to Zaralu (Bakarthach) for overnight halt in the camp.
DAY 3: Trek from Bakarthach (Zaralu) to Solang (8 Kms Trek)
Today you descend down to Dhundi by the same route. From Dhundhi you walk along the road to reach Solang. From Solang you will board a vehicle to reach Manali. You will be dropped at your Hotel at Manali or at Bus Station Manali.
|If you form a group of||2 to 3||4 to 9||10 to 20||21 and more|
|Cost Per Person in Rupees|
Trekking / Walking
|Rs. 9000/-||Rs. 8800/-||Rs. 7000/-||Rs. 4500/-|
*Service tax 9% extra
- All Meals (Vegetarian Food); except breakfast on arrival day and dinner on departure day.
- Tented accommodation in alpine tents: Twin/Triple sharing tents, sleeping bags, foam trekking mattresses, dining tent (if the group has more than 4pax), and toilet tent.
- High Altitude Trekking Guide.
- Trained High Altitude Field Staff.
- Taxi from Hotel/Guest House/ Bus Station to Solang starting day.
- Taxi from Solang to Hotel/Guest House/Bus Station at Manali town on departure day.
- Porters/Mules to carry personal luggage. Personal luggage should not be more than 10kg per pax.
- Any expense arising out of unforeseen circumstance like bus delays, roadblocks, landslides, etc.
- Medical Evacuation.
- Insurance Cover
- Beverages like mineral water, soft drinks etc.
- Any other expense not mentioned under ‘cost includes’