Manali–Sach Pass–Dharamshala Motorbike Tour
Season – July to October
Sach Pass is (4420 M – 14498 FT) high mountain pass in Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh in India. It connects the Chamba Valley with the Pangi Valleys of Himachal Pradesh. The pass is open from June or early July to mid- October. The road is narrow and un-metalled. Pangi- the snow bound valley- is located in the Mid Himalayan region. It remains cut off for more than six months in a year. Heavy snowfall and semi arctic climate makes living very tough here. Recently, Killar the Headquarter of Pangi has been linked with a jeep able road which, however, remains in use for merely two months in a year due to adverse weather conditions. It is a place where myth is history and mystery is reality. Embarking on this journey is truly the experience worth it- the route is challenging and the landscape breath-taking.
DAY 1: VISIT AND RIDE IN MANALI.
A short briefing on the Motorcycle Tour around 10 AM. After a quick review of road safety precautions and checking personal equipment, you will start out on the narrow side roads into the mountains. This will make you acquainted with your bike and get to know the mountain roads. Night in hotel at manali.
DAY 4: MANALI – ROHTANG LA (3980 M ) – KEYLONG. 115 kms
The actual journey starts today, first you zigzag up to the Rothang pass (13050ft) and then zigzag down to Khoksar in Chandra valley in Lahoul. On reaching at Tandi you turn east wards to reach Keylong, the headquarters of Lahoul District.
DAY 5: KEYLONG – URGOS, (2904 M ) (80 Kms ).
Today. You ride down the Chandra Valley along Chandra River to arrive at Urgos. On the way you stop to see the Ancient temple of Lord Shiva at Trilokinath worshipped both by Hindus and Buddhist. The villages along the way are charming and you can see the locals working in their fields… Some stretches of this route are just magnificent and you will be tempted to stop to take it all in your Camera. Reaching at Udaipur you turn right to enter into Mayar Valley Urgus is the second last village in the Miyar valley.
DAY 6: URGOS –TO KILLAR. (3080M) (120 KMS)
You start our day riding back to Udaipur firs and then to Killar in Pangi valley. While in Udaipur, you visit Mrikula Mata Temple. The road from Udaipur to Killar is un-metalled and very challenging. There are large stretches of dust and rocks. And keeping the bike in control is a little difficult… The landscape is beautiful.
DAY 7: VISIT AROUND KILLAR
Free day at Killar. Killar is Headqueter of Pangi Sub division of Chamba District. You will visit few villages in the Pangi Valley and in the evening you can take a stroll in a tiny bazaar of Killar.
DAY 8- KILLAR – SACH PASS (4420 M) – CHAMBA ( (170 Kms / 7 Hrs)
The most challenging day of the tour. You start your journey to Chamba that lies on the other side of Sach Pass. The road to the pass is totally un-metalled. We cross the bridge over Chenab River and start going uphill. The Chamba Valley opens up when we come around the Pass and we can have the view of the full landscape of Chamba valley.
DAY 9: CHAMBA TO DHARMSHALA (2082 M) (128 Kms.
Today you do relatively easy drive winding through low hills. On the way you visit Khjjiar and Dalhousie.
DAY 10: VISIT DHARMSHALA AND NIGHT VOLVO BUS TO DELHI
You ride around Dharamshala for a local sightseeing there…. especially The His Holiness Dalai Lama Temple, Tibetan Children’s Village School, and Saint John Church. In evening you board a night Volvo bus for Delhi.
Cost of the Trek –
Rs. 37800/- per person for a group of minimum 10 persons (two person share one bike)
Rs 50500/- per person for a group of minimum 10 person (one bike for one person)
If you opt for single room/tent – Extra Charge: – Rs. 10000/-
*Service tax 9% extra
If you are less than ten people please send a separate inquiry
- Hotel/Guest House on twin sharing basis on the route.
- Breakfast and Dinner during stay in Hotel/Guest House
- Motor Bikes— 350cc/500cc Royal Enfield
- Backup Jeep or Tempo Traveller
- Mechanic with spare parts.
- First aid kit and oxygen cylinder.
- Inner Line Permits wherever required.
- Camping in Adventure/Alpine Tents for three nights on twin share basis.
- Sleeping bags, Toilet Tent, Dining tent during Camping.
- Lunch during stay in Camping.
- Kitchen team with all necessary kitchenware
- Travel Insurance
- Medical Evacuation
- Lunch and Beverages like mineral water and soft drinks etc.
- Any expense arising out of unforeseen circumstance like roadblocks, landslides, snow fall etc.
- Any other expense not mentioned under ‘cost includes’
- Monument entrance fees during the entire trip
- Any damage to the motorcycle (will be borne by the client/rider only)
- Cost of the Spare Parts (after covering 10km from starting point rider/client will bear the cost of the spare parts)
- Travel Insurance Documents
- Motorcycle Driving Licence
- International Driving License/ Permit in case Foreigner
- Passport and Visa in case of Foreigner
- Knee protection
- Waist belt
- Riding gloves
- Day Pack to carry a water bottle, rain suit and other stuff you will use during the day
- A money belt or waist pack to carry your passport and other valuables
- Strong bungee cords or cargo nets
- Sunglasses or bike glasses
- Thick warm socks; and also light socks
- Personal Medicines