KOTHI PEAK: 4700mts. (15420ft)
Duration : 5 nights 6 days
Kothi Peak is also a low altitude peak in Manali like Patalasu Peak. It rises up to – feet from mean sea level. But it gives all the thrills of climbing a mountain. Any moderately fit person can make an attempt. It is situated on Manali –Rohtang road looking over Kothi village. Standing on the shoulder of the peak you see famous Rohtang Pass to your left with road sprawled on its slopes, to your right stands Bhrigu Peak.
ITINERARY FOR KOTHI PEAK: 4450mts. (14600ft)
Day1:- Arrival at Manali
Arrival at the Campsite of Himalayan Mountain Sojourns at Palchan in the forenoon. At lunch there will be a meeting with Guide and HAPs. In the afternoon, after lunch, you can visit the market if you still have something important to purchase for the expedition or you may go for a short acclimatization walk around the campsite. Overnight in rooms at the Campsite of Himalayan Mountain Sojourns at Palchan.
Day2:- Palchan to Base Camp at Rauli Khol
After breakfast trek starts to Rauli Khol (12000ft). First by jeep up to Gulaba 15 km. From Gulaba to Rauli Khol uphill trek of 4 to 5 hours. Evening – free time at the campsite. Overnight in the Camp in alpine tents.
Day3:- Summit Attempt
After early breakfast trek starts for the peak. Doing an uphill trek of 3 hours you reach at the foot of the peak. From here it takes 2 more hours to climb the peak. You need 3 more hours to descend down to Rauli Khol Camp. Overnight at Rauli Khol Camp.
Day4:- Reserve Day
Reserve Day for Summit Attempt. If already successful team will trek to Bhrigu Lake —- a six hours trek up and down. Overnight at Rauli Khol Camp.
Day 5:- Base Camp to Palchan
Back to Apple Orchard Camp of Himalayan Mountain Sojourns at Palchan. First trek down to Gulaba; and from Gulaba to Palchan by Jeep. Overnight in rooms at the Campsite of Himalayan Mountain Sojourns at Palchan
Day 6:- Departure
You have free time till lunch. After lunch you will be dropped at Manali Bus Station to board bus for your next destination.
|If you form a group of||8 to 10 pax||11 to 15 pax||16 to 20 pax||21 and more pax|
|Cost Per Person||Rs. 15500/-||Rs. 14900/-||Rs. 13400/-||Rs. 12000/-|
1. All meals from Manali to Manali. (Vegetarian Food only), Except Breakfast on arrival day and dinner on departure day.
2. Room Accommodation in Cottage at Palchan (Four Sharing) on Day 1& Day 5.
3. Tented Accommodation in base camp: Tents (Four Sharing Tents), Sleeping Bags, and Mattresses, Toilet Tents
4. All necessary Technical Gear-Ropes, Carabineers, Ice-axe etc.
5. Two High Altitude Mountain Guides.
6. High Altitude Porters/Mules up to Base Camp.
7. Kitchen Service up to Base Camp
8. Transfer from Bus Stand to Apple Orchard Campsite of Himalayan Mountain Sojourns at Palchan on arrival day.
9. Transfer from Apple Orchard Campsite of Himalayan Mountain Sojourns at Palchan to Bus Stand on departure day.
10. Jeep from Apple Orchard Campsite of Himalayan Mountain Sojourns at Palchan to Gulaba (NGT Barrier)) from where the trek starts. on Day 2.
11. Jeep from road head Gulaba to Apple Orchard Campsite of Himalayan Mountain Sojourns at Palchan Day 5
1. Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstance like bus delays, roadblocks, landslides, snowfall etc.
2. Insurance Cover.
3. Medical Evacuation.
4. Any expense not mentioned under ‘cost includes’
5. Taxi for local sightseeing and shopping in the market.
6. Porters to carry personal rucksack/luggage.
Necessary items to bring:
High Ankle Trekking shoes, two pair of socks, two pair of clothes, one pullover, one wind proof jacket, poncho(rain sheet), torch, sun glasses. Sun cream, personal medicines.
Make your luggage small and light weight as porter to carry personal luggage is not included in the package.