PATALSU PEAK: 4472mts. (14600ft)
Patalsu Peak is a low altitude trekking peak. But its perfect peak like structure and location give all the sensations that any other Himalayan peak produce in a climber. You can have a perfect panoramic view of Manali from its top. During the summer months of April, May and June when slopes leading to the top remains snow covered, it provides a perfect condition for climbing a mountain by cutting out steps on packed snow.
You need basic mountain climbing tools like rope, ice axe, boot etc. Most of the trekking agencies at Manali offer it as one day hiking tour, but it is quiet difficult to make it to the top on snow in one day. Even if you are a hardcore high altitude trekker, you need two days. To experience the joy to be in Himalayan forests, the thrill of trekking and climbing on snow, and the ecstasy to be on the top of a mountain join our program of 6 days.
ITINERARY OF PATALSU PEAK: 4472mts. (14600ft)
Day 1:-Arrival at Manali
Arrival at the Campsite of Himalayan Mountain Sojourns at Palchan in the forenoon. At lunch there will be a meeting with Guide and HAPs. In the afternoon, after lunch, you can visit the market if you still have something important to purchase for the expedition or you may go for a short acclimatization walk around the campsite. Overnight in rooms at the Campsite of Himalayan Mountain Sojourns at Palchan.
Day 2:- Palchan to Base Camp at Shaga-ra-Dugh
Palchan to Solang by Vehicle. Solang to Shaga-ra-Dugh is uphill trek through dense forest past Solang village. Beating behind the forests you come out in the open meadows at Shaga-ra-Dugh. You fix your base camp here.
Day 3:- Acclimatization Day at Base Camp
This is a rest day to get acclimatized here, though you can keep yourself busy in little handy work of preparation for the summit next morning.
Day 4:- Summit Attempt
The route is a gradual slope up to the shoulder of the peak. The route beyond this is a little steeper that needs rope and ice-axe to negotiate it. Summit of the peak gives you an eagle’s eye view of Manali and mighty Rohtang Pass appears a small humble mountain saddle on the east foot of the peak. You capture the surroundings of the peak in your camera and descend down to Shaga-ra-Dugh Camp.
Day 5:- Shaga-ra-Dugh to Palchan
Back to Apple Orchard Camp of Himalayan Mountain Sojourns at Palchan. First trek down to Solang; and from Solang to Palchan by Jeep. Overnight in rooms at the Campsite of Himalayan Mountain Sojourns at Palchan
Day 6:- Departure
You have free time till lunch. After lunch you will be dropped at Manali Bus Station to board bus for your next destination.
|If you form a group of||8 to 10 pax||11 to 15 pax||16 to 20 pax||21 and more pax|
|Cost Per Person||Rs. 15000/-||Rs. 14500/-||Rs. 12900/-||Rs. 11500/-|
*Service tax 9% extra
Necessary items to bring
- High Ankle trekking shoes and paor of woolen socks.
- One pullover.
- One wind proof jacket, poncho(rain sheet).
- Torch, sun glasses. Sun cream, personal medicines.
- Make your luggage small and light weight as porter to carry personal luggage is not included in the package.
- All meals from Manali to Manali. (Vegetarian Food only), Except Breakfast on arrival day and dinner on departure day.
- Room Accommodation in Cottage at Palchan (Four Sharing) on Day 1& Day 5.
- Tented Accommodation in base camp: Tents (Four Sharing Tents), Sleeping Bags, and Mattresses, Toilet Tents
- All necessary Technical Gear-Ropes, Carabineers, Ice-axe etc.
- Two High Altitude Mountain Guides.
- High Altitude Porters/Mules up to Base Camp.
- Kitchen Service up to Base Camp
- Transfer from Bus Stand to Apple Orchard Campsite of Himalayan Mountain Sojourns at Palchan on arrival day.
- Transfer from Apple Orchard Campsite of Himalayan Mountain Sojourns at Palchan to Bus Stand on departure day.
- Jeep from Apple Orchard Campsite of Himalayan Mountain Sojourns at Palchan to road head Solang from where the trek starts Day 2
- Jeep from road head Solang to Apple Orchard Campsite of Himalayan Mountain Sojourns at Palchan on Day 5
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstance like bus delays, roadblocks, landslides, snowfall etc.
- Insurance Cover.
- Medical Evacuation.
- Any expense not mentioned under ‘cost includes’
- Taxi for local sightseeing and shopping in the market.
- Porters to carry personal rucksack/luggage.