Learning Preparatory Mountaineering GRADE 6
Season: April to June.
Day 01:- Arrival at the Campsite of Himalayan Mountain Sojourns at Palchan in the forenoon. Immediately after your check-in you will be briefed about the Campsite and its surrounding area and dos and don’ts. After lunch you will be taken to riverside for River crossing. After lunch lecture on rope, knots and management of the rope.
Day 02:- After breakfast you will be taken to rock field for rock climbing. During the forenoon there will be lectures on the methods of rock climbing followed by the demonstration by the instructors. In the afternoon, after lunch, participants will practice in the presence of instructors.
Day 03:- After breakfast you go to rock field for Rappelling. The instructors first explain and then demonstrate the method of rappelling. Then all the participants will rappel down the rocks one by one. The post lunch session will be for river crossing. The whole group will go to the river side and will cross the river with the help of rope in the presence of instructors.
Day 04:- This is the day for trekking….after early breakfast you set out for the high altitude camp. After a trek of five hours you reach at the campsite. Here you are welcomed with hot lunch. Post lunch session will be of an acclimatization walk around the camp knowing flora and fauna of this part of the Himalayas.
Day 05:- This is the day to learn snow craft……. snow walking on a gentle slope; to make steps by kicking the toe of boots on a moderate slope; cutting steps with ice-axe on a steep slope; to learn to rope up a team in a single rope to negotiate a snowy slope. Post lunch session is for sliding and glissading in the snow.
Day 06:- This is the day to gain altitude…..after an early breakfast you leave the campsite for Bhrigu Peak (14700ft). The instructors will open the route for you. It would be an 8 to 10 hours trek up and down and by evening you will be back at the camp.
Day 07:- A downhill trek starts from the high altitude camp-site to take you to Vashishat village. Vashishat is one of the prominent tourist spots of Manali and is famous for its hot sulphur water springs. You can take a hot sulphur water bath in the public ponds here. After having your pack lunch here you take jeep to reach at Palchan Campsite.
Day 08:- Today you have free time till lunch. After an early lunch you leave for Bus Station. Bus starts after 4pm in the afternoon, so you have time till 4pm to explore the local market.
|No. of Persons||10 to 20||21 and more pax|
|Cost Per Person||Rs. 12500/-||Rs. 10500/-|
- All meals (Vegetarian Food)
- Pick up from bus stand to Campsite on arrival day.
- Drop at Bust Stand on Departure day.
- Accommodation: Two nights in rooms and six nights in tents.
- All technical equipments.
- Qualified Adventure Instructor for adventure activities.
- Porters/Mules for personal luggage from Palchan to High Altitude Camp and back.
- Sleeping bags or blankets with trekking mattresses.
- Jeep from Vashishat to Palchan Campsite (Day 7)
- Dinner on Day 7.
- Insurance Cover.
- Medical Evacuation.
- Any expense not mentioned under ‘cost includes’
- Any expense arising out of unforeseen circumstance like bus delays, roadblocks, landslides, etc.
- Any personal expense and sightseeing which are not in the Itinerary.