Hamta Meadows Trek
Season: – July to Oct
You must not confuse it with Hamta Pass trek. Instead of walking beside river down in the valley in Hamta Pass trek, you climb zigzag uphill on the mountain slopes that are locally called Hamta Jot. In this trek you traverse across the high altitude meadows and pastures. As you walk high on the mountain slope, you get good opportunity to have a look of far off high mountain peaks. The whole area is divided into two parts by the river Jobri which starts off Piyangniru Glacier at the foot of Mount Deo Tibba. The lush green meadows are the treasure of Himalayan flowers and herbs. Those who have interest in Himalayan flora and fauna
Day 1:- Manali to Marhi (3000m) 4 hours trek
A jeep/ car will take you to Jobra where the trek begins. This is an uphill trek on the left slope of river Hamta. Trek today is tiring as you walk uphill and gain altitude rapidly. The trek passes through the forest of Mapple, Silver Fir, Pine and Oak. After crossing the tree line you enter the meadows of Marhi. All the famous peaks of Kullu Himalaya— Indrasan, Deo Tibba, Hanuman Tibba, Makerbeh, Shikarbeh, Shitidhar, Friendship Peak, Khand Pari and Ladakhi put on show themselves around you. An excellent trek for photography.
Day 2:- Marhi to Piyangniru (3900m) 4 hours trek
Today you enter in a true alpine zone trekking beside the river Jobri. Going further more you enter into a glacier valley. The whole area is surrounded by high summits, hanging glacier, and massive moraine. The glacier is the origin of river Jobri. Afternoon we spend time in exploring the surroundings.
Day 3:- Piyangniru to Raurikhauli (3300m) 5 hours trek
Today you cross over the Glacier to other side. Trek gets little steeper in the beginning and after that all the way descend down to Raurikhauli. Local shepherds of Kullu Valley can be seen grazing their herds of sheep and goat.
Day 4:- Raurikhauli to Manali
Trek descends to Sethan village. The trek swerves through some of the most beautiful and lush forests of the area, providing a firsthand experience of the diverse nature of vegetation. Jeep will pick you up from the village and drop you in your hotel at Manali
|If you form a group of||2 to 3||4 to 9||10 to 20||21 and more|
|Cost Per Person in Rupees||Rs. 13500/-||Rs. 11500/-||Rs. 8000/-||Rs. 7500/-|
*Service tax 9% extra
- All Meals (Vegetarian Food); except breakfast on arrival day and dinner on departure day.
- Tented accommodation in alpine tents: Twin/Triple sharing tents, sleeping bags, foam trekking mattresses, dining tent (if the group has more than 4pax), and toilet tent.
- High Altitude Trekking Guide.
- Trained High Altitude Field Staff.
- Taxi from Hotel/Guest House/ Bus Station at Manali to road head place Jobra on arrival day.
- Taxi from road head place Sethan to Hotel/Guest House/Bus Station at Manali town on departure day
- Porters/Mules to carry personal luggage. Personal luggage should not be more than 10kg per pax.
- Any expense arising out of unforeseen circumstance like bus delays, roadblocks, landslides, etc.
- Medical Evacuation.
- Insurance Cover
- Beverages like mineral water, soft drinks etc
- Any other expense not mentioned under ‘cost includes’